Digital Marketing Manager
Do you want to help authors build their online platforms to spread their message?
Do you enjoy strategizing marketing plans and bringing them to life?
Are you tired of marketing work that isn’t connected to anything that matters?
If this sounds like you, we've got your perfect career.
At its core, this role is about helping our authors build their online platforms to spread their message to the world.
If we’ve captured your attention and this sounds like your dream role and Tribe, we expect you to read the entire career description before you apply!
For many of the authors we work with, the book is the first step in a longer journey to act as an ambassador for the ideas they want to bring to the world. Whether they are empowering women in the workforce (like Nikki Barua), helping sexual assault victims heal (like Rick Huttner) or inspiring people to achieve their dreams (like David Goggins), many of our authors are on a mission to make an impact beyond their book.
That’s where you come in.
Your role is to work with our authors who are looking to leverage their book to build their online platform to help direct and implement those efforts. In practice, this includes:
- Helping authors to define their specific goals and audiences to form a strategy
- Directing the strategy and project management for author website builds
- Support authors in determining optimizations to their existing websites
- Conceptualizing and building marketing funnels for authors
- Helping authors to determine and create opt-in offers for their website
- Writing welcome email sequences for new subscribers to their platform
- Directing lead generation efforts through LinkedIn, direct mail, and Facebook to drive traffic to the author’s platform
- Working to expand our digital marketing offerings based on authors’ needs
- Overseeing and growing the freelance team working on these projects
- Answering author questions regarding how to incorporate digital marketing into their book marketing strategies
- Working directly with authors to shepherd them through the process and ensure their goals and ideas are reflected in the final product
In other words, you will be the person at the center of the digital marketing strategy for the authors we work with.
If you can nail that, you're probably pretty awesome, which brings us to an important question:
Who are we and what do we do?
We’re Scribe Media, and our mission is to help everyone on earth write, publish and market their book.
The problem is that writing and publishing books are, for most people, a painful and difficult process, loaded with uncertainty and aggravation. Our goal is to make it as simple as possible, so that as many people as possible can do it.
We have multiple ways we help people do this. We can edit and publish an already written manuscript (Scribe Publishing), or we can help people write their book using a structured process with our guidance (Scribe Guided Author), or we can do a structured interview process that gets the book out of them in their words and their voice (Scribe Professional).
And if you can't afford our services, that's fine. We give away all of our information for free. Seriously, it's called Scribe Book School, and it's better than any paid course on the internet.
You can see some press about us here.
And you can see some of the books we've already published here.
Why our work matters
Our company was started because a frustrated entrepreneur wanted to put all of her incredible knowledge and ideas into a book, but didn't have the time to write it or the patience to deal with the frustrating publishing process. So we solved her problem. The origin story is here.
Her book became an amazing success, and we realized the world was full of these people--smart people who should write a book, but don’t, because the process is so painful.
These people want to write books, but don't have the time or desire to do it the old way, and that's why Scribe exists: we help people turn their ideas into books that both cement their legacy and impact the world.
Our process has worked for over 1500 authors in six years, and we’re growing fast. Our ultimate goal is to help everyone on earth write and publish a book.
If we do that, we'll help create many thousands of books that would never have otherwise existed, changing the lives of millions of people. That's really exciting to us.
To see what we mean, here are some author success stories and videos of authors talking about what their books mean to them, and to their readers.
But if you really want to see why we do this...just watch this video of an author we worked with, Philip McKernan.
You In? Awesome, here's the details:
Type of Employment
Necessary Skills & Qualifications
Here is the list of skills we believe are necessary for this career:
- Digital Marketing Experience: This isn’t an entry-level role. You must have at least 3+ years working in digital marketing and be familiar with the goals, tools, and best practices in the field. If you’ve worked directly building websites and funnels and doing email marketing, even better. If you’ve worked directly with individual thought leaders, speakers, or authors — you better apply!
- Experience Working Directly with Clients: Our Authors are incredible and inspiring, but they aren’t always easy. To be a fit for this role, you must feel comfortable working directly with authors, communicating professionally, and sometimes dealing with difficult personalities.
- Accountable: The #1 value of this tribe is Accountability. We aren’t perfect, but to keep integrity with one another, we all know that we must do what we say we will do.
- Deep Desire to Improve: We have a culture that is built on everyone working hard to learn and improve and push themselves. This is very serious--if you don't care about getting better or helping us to be better, this is the wrong place.
- Optimistic & Positive: We believe that optimism and positivity are super powers. If you have a great attitude and your default state is in a good mood, that is a skill.
- Organized and Detail-Oriented: You’ll be working with multiple authors on multiple projects, and it’s crucial that you keep projects on track and running smoothly. You must be able to stay organized and keep details straight, or it ruins an author's experience at one of the most crucial times. In fact, impeccable attention to detail is so important that we want you to answer the question that asks you “What is your favorite animal?” with “Attention to detail is my middle name.” We can't stress impeccable attention to detail enough.
- Enthusiastic Learner: We will be solving new and complex problems together in this role. That often means we need to teach ourselves new skills by conducting research or connecting with outside experts in order to drive forward our results. The idea of learning new things with a large degree of autonomy should absolutely thrill you, rather than terrify you.
Want to see more? Check out the Scribe Careers page of our website.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Pay: $80,000
- Full Benefits Package: We don’t spend our money on ping pong tables and beanbag chairs. We spend our money on things that matter to our tribe--like a full slate of benefits that would rival any Fortune 50 company.
- We fully cover your medical, dental, and vision insurance—starting on day 1.
- We offer up to $1,500 in educational assistance to continue your learning.
- We have six weeks of paid time off, including holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
- If anything awful were to happen to you, we provide life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Scribe’s success is directly related to the Results of the Tribe. That’s why every time Scribe achieves our revenue and profit margin goals, all Tribe Members are eligible to earn a Results-Based Bonus. Even better, the payout increases in direct correlation with our success--the more we exceed our goals as a Tribe, the larger the portion of those earnings we receive.
- We have Work with your dog Wednesdays! AKA: Woofdays!
- Plus, we eat a free lunch together in the office on Fridays!
- Be Part Of A Tribe: You (should) have seen the videos above. We also have a pretty cool set of principles that we live by as a tribe, you should check it out, because this is the operating system for our tribe, and everyone in our company lives the values and principles outlined in this doc.
- Freedom & Flex Work: While you’ll need to be based in Austin, we offer a flexible work environment. You can work from home, work while you travel, work in our office, make your own hours--we don't care. You can wear a three-piece suit (like our CEO) or gym clothes (like our founders) or anything else--we don't care. We only care that you do your job well. And we have lots of paid time off each year because we believe that rest and recovery are just as important as work. But, again, this is not a remote position.
- Make A Real Impact: We’re a small tribe (just about 65 full time) and you will be a major part of our team. Not only that, you won't just impact the company, you'll impact the world. Books are one of the very best ways to influence other people and change the way they think--and you'll be helping to make them a reality.
- Work With Interesting People: You're not just working on any books. Past authors include major company CEOs, famous entrepreneurs, professional athletes, and people with amazing personal stories. These are books that change lives.
At Scribe, we don’t just accept differences — we support them, celebrate them, and as a company, we thrive on them. Scribe is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we actively look for and hire people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our tribe.
Everyone has a story to share. Our CEO, JeVon “JT McCormick”, is just one Tribe Member example.
Ready to apply?
Complete the application by clicking on the "Apply To Position" button. Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
You can expect to hear back from us either way within 15 business days. Be sure to keep an eye on your spam and promotions boxes in case our emails end up there! To make sure we're able to give your application the careful attention and time it deserves, please do not follow up with us unless you don't hear back from us by then.
Please, no phone calls. Due to the number of applicants we typically receive for our career openings, we are not able to do phone interviews until later stages of the hiring process. All applicants must submit an application through our portal.
Note: If you're on an external job site, we encourage you to apply directly from our career portal at https://scribe.breezy.hr/
We're only considering candidates that are authorized to work in the United States and we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Bonus: If you aren't right for this career, but you know the perfect person, send them this career description.
If we hire them, we'll give you a 2k bonus.
Totally serious--every person we hire, we ask them who referred them to us, and we pay the bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this career ad with a friend who's perfect for it.