Director of Corporate Sponsorship
Do you want to create exciting deals?
Do you want to actually do things that make a difference?
Are you tired of the endless corporate theater, and want to get some real work done?
If this sounds like you, we've got your perfect career.
We call this role Director of Corporate Sponsorship, but it is a lot more than that. Your role will be to connect with the marketing decision makers at large companies and get them to commit to 7-8 figure sponsorship deals.
This role requires someone who has extensive experience in big corporate sponsorships, a large network of people they already know at the highest levels and is highly skilled at navigating the long and often complex work it takes to secure a corporate partnership. This is not a "learn on the job" role. We will expect you to come in ready and able to do deals very quickly.
Furthermore, this role requires someone with a very high drive. You will report directly to the CEO, and he will expect that you require very little oversight. He will expect that you know how to immediately drive results and that any help from him will be the sorts of things you could not know on your own: overall strategy, deal points we can negotiate on, etc.
Yes, this is a commission-based role, but it also comes with a very competitive six-figure base salary and full benefits.
Here are the basic things you will be doing in this role:
- Interacting with C-suite and other high-level decision makers in corporations, especially those with decision power over marketing and sponsorships.
- Doing both warm and cold outreach to corporate marketing and sponsorship decision makers.
- Building a comprehensive database of corporate marketing and sponsorship decision makers and their sponsorship needs.
- Selling corporate marketing and sponsorship decision makers on the value of sponsorships, and helping them decide what to sponsor.
If you can do all of this, you're probably pretty awesome, which brings us to an important question:
Who are we and what do we do?
We’re Scribe Media, and our mission is to help everyone on earth write, publish and market their book.
The problem is that writing and publishing books are, for most people, a painful and difficult process, loaded with uncertainty and aggravation. Our goal is to make it as simple as possible so that as many people as possible can do it.
We have multiple ways we help people do this. We can edit and publish an already written manuscript (Scribe Publishing), or we can help people write their book using a structured process with our guidance (Scribe Guided Author), or we can do a structured interview process that gets the book out of them in their words and their voice (Scribe Professional).
And if you can't afford our services, that's fine. We give away all of our information for free. Seriously, it's called Scribe Book School, and it's better than any paid course on the internet.
You can see some press about us here.
And you can see some of the books we've already published here.
Why our work matters
Our company was started because a frustrated entrepreneur wanted to put all of her incredible knowledge and ideas into a book, but didn't have the time to write it or the patience to deal with the frustrating publishing process. So we solved her problem. The origin story is here.
Her book became an amazing success, and we realized the world was full of these people--smart people who should write a book, but don’t, because the process is so painful.
These people want to write books, but don't have the time or desire to do it the old way, and that's why Scribe exists: we help people turn their ideas into books that both cement their legacy and impact the world.
Our process has worked for over 1500 authors in six years, and we’re growing fast. Our ultimate goal is to help everyone on earth write and publish a book.
If we do that, we'll help create many thousands of books that would never have otherwise existed, changing the lives of millions of people. That's really exciting to us.
To see what we mean, here are some author success stories and videos of authors talking about what their books mean to them, and to their readers.
But if you really want to see why we do this...just watch this video of an author we worked with, Philip McKernan.
What's it like being part of the Scribe Tribe?
We're not going to try to pitch you a load of corporate doublespeak bullshit about how great we are. Instead, we’ll just show you proof.
These are all real tribe members, speaking openly and honestly about all aspects of what it's like to be part of this tribe:
The 5 Things Applicants Need to Know
Who Should Not Work At Scribe?
What’s It Like To Work At Scribe?
You can see a bunch more videos here, on our YouTube Channel.
This is the operating system for our tribe: The Scribe Culture Bible.
We are consistently ranked the #1 Best Place To Work in Austin.
Also, Entrepreneur Magazine said we have the #1 company culture in America.
You In? Awesome, here's the details:
- Austin, TX (or willing to relocate to Austin)
Type of Employment
Necessary Skills & Qualifications
Here is the list of qualifications we believe are necessary for this career.
- Extensive Experience: You must have done this job, or something very similar, for at least 5 yrs and been very good at it in order to apply.
- Large Existing Network of Connections: Though we will expect you to build a larger network, we expect you to come in with a large existing network and be able to spend at least the first few weeks and months tapping that network for deals.
- Exceptional Social Intelligence: You must really understand people, how they think, what they are feeling, and how to effectively deal with them. You must be able to read and understand all sorts of different types of people as you will work with a lot of different types of C-suite and high-level decision makers to support them in understanding the value of our sponsorships and helping them make decisions that are right for both their -- and Scribe's -- needs. Your job is about building GENUINE relationships with people, and this requires good emotional and social intelligence.
- High Agency And Self-Management Skills: You will report directly to the CEO, and will be expected to be able to manage your own schedule and handle your own deals. We don't want people who have to be constantly managed. If you only work well with someone telling you what to do--DO NOT APPLY. You must be very self-motivated. There are no lifestyle roles here, and no easy days. We all work very hard every day, because we care about our mission, and what we do matters to us and other people.
NOTE: Hard work does not mean endless hours. It only means accountability. If you don't want to work hard and get results, this is not the right company for you. There is no coasting and no hiding here and you will be held accountable for achieving real results. If that doesn't excite you, this is the wrong tribe for you.
- Optimism: We believe that optimism is a super power. If you have a great attitude, strong resilience, and your default state is in a good mood, that is a skill.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Pay: $100,000
NOTE: You will also have a large commission percentage on the deals you bring in, to be negotiated upon hiring.
- Full Benefits Package: We don’t spend our money on ping pong tables and beanbag chairs. We spend our money on things that matter to our tribe--like a full slate of benefits that would rival any Fortune 50 company.
- We fully cover your medical, dental, and vision insurance—starting on day 1.
- We offer up to $1,500 in educational assistance to continue your learning.
- We have six weeks of paid time off, including holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
- If anything awful were to happen to you, we provide life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- 401k match to support you in planning for your future.
- Free Book Benefit: Take part in Scribe’s Guided Author from Day-1. Scribe’s Free Book Benefit can be used once every 18 months for Scribe Publishing or Guided Author, and every 36 months for Scribe Editing. You’ll also have free access to the entire Scribe library.
- Each Tribe member gets four fully paid community service days per year. These days can be used to volunteer alongside Tribe members at coordinated community events or to individually support causes you care about in your local community.
- We believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion has no finish line. We hold optional discussions throughout the month led by volunteer Tribe members with the goal to provide a safe space for asking questions, openly sharing, and encouraging learning.
- Any Tribe member who gives birth receives 12 weeks of fully paid time off. Partners of birthing parents, or those involved in adoptions, foster placements, or birth through a surrogate, receive 4 weeks of paid leave.
- Up to 10 days of fully-paid, no questions asked Bereavement leave. You define what "loved one" means to you: be it a parent, a cousin, a best friend, or even a beloved pet.
- MacBooks are provided to all full time Tribe members for Scribe work and personal use.
- We're supportive of Tribe members working to create the lives they imagine! Freedom to do other work on the side is encouraged, as long as the work doesn't compete with or negatively impact Scribe's business.
- As a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) host, we partner with an organization that supports refugee families through a community garden here in Austin. You can sign up with us to get local, in-season produce delivered weekly straight to the office!
- We have Work with Your Dog Wednesdays! AKA: Woofdays!
- Plus, we eat a free catered lunch together in the office on Fridays!
- Be Part Of A Tribe: You (should) have seen the videos above. We also have a pretty cool set of principles that we live by as a tribe, you should check it out, because this is the operating system for our tribe, and everyone in our company lives the values and principles outlined in this doc.
- Freedom & Flex Work: While you’ll need to be based in Austin, we offer a flexible work environment. You can work from home, work while you travel, work in our office, make your own hours--we don't care. You can wear a three piece suit (like our CEO) or gym clothes (like our founders) or anything else--we don't care. We only care that you do your job well. And we have lots of paid time off each year, because we believe that rest and recovery are just as important as work. But, again, this is not a remote position.
- Make A Real Impact: We’re a small tribe (just about 100 full time) and you will be a major part of our team. Not only that, you won't just impact the company, you'll impact the world. Books are one of the very best ways to influence other people and change the way they think--and you'll be helping to make them a reality.
- Work With Interesting People: You're not just working on any books. Past authors include major company CEOs, famous entrepreneurs, professional athletes, and people with amazing personal stories. These are books that change lives.
Want to see more? Check out the Scribe Careers page of our website.
At Scribe, we don’t just accept differences — we support them, celebrate them, and as a company, we thrive on them. Scribe is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we actively look for and hire people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our tribe.
Everyone has a story to share. Our CEO, JeVon “JT McCormick”, is just one Tribe Member example.
Ready to apply?
Complete the application by clicking on the "Apply To Position" button. Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
You can expect to hear back from us either way within 15 business days. Be sure to keep an eye on your spam and promotions boxes in case our emails end up there! To make sure we're able to give your application the careful attention and time it deserves, please do not follow up with us unless you don't hear back from us by then.
Please, no phone calls. Due to the number of applicants we typically receive for our career openings, we are not able to do phone interviews until later stages of the hiring process. All applicants must submit an application through our portal.
Note: If you're on an external job site, we encourage you to apply directly from our career portal at https://scribe.breezy.hr/
We're only considering candidates that are authorized to work in the United States and we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Bonus: If you aren't right for this career, but you know the perfect person, send them this career description.
If we hire them, we'll give you a 2k bonus.
Totally serious--every person we hire, we ask them who referred them to us, and we pay the bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this career ad with a friend who's perfect for it.